Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist
We are currently looking for a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist with 2-5 years of working experience in the laboratory to join our team in our facility in Zwijnaarde.
argenx is a global immunology company developing antibody-based medicines for patients suffering from severe autoimmune diseases and cancer. By translating immunology breakthroughs into innovative drug candidates, argenx is building a world-class portfolio of first-in-class antibodies in both early and late clinical-stages of development.
argenx is evaluating our lead candidate, efgartigimod, in multiple serious autoimmune indications and cusatuzumab in hematological malignancies in collaboration with Janssen, along with advancing earlier stage assets within its therapeutic franchises.
What we are looking for
The candidate should have a drive to generate qualitative results together and in tight collaboration with member of the project team in a professional and challenging fashion.
This all happens in a dynamic, informal and stimulating environment where you and your colleagues work to reach the set goals. Every employee gets the opportunity to get involved in all the various steps within her/his project.
- Discover, characterize and optimize therapeutic antibodies
- Plan and execute experiments independently including interpret and report the results
- Can find a solution to any unexpected problem in a creative way
- Actively participate in project teams, organize work but understand priorities and completes assignments accordingly
- Keen to learn new technics and to shares expertise with others
- Biochemical, immunological, and cellular assays
- Assay development
- Molecular and cellular biology
- Protein expression and purification
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree B. sc. or M Sc in Industrial Engineer, Biochemistry/ Biotechnology or equivalent
- At least 2 years of working experience in laboratory
- Team player, enthusiastic, accurate in execution and reporting
- Good communication skills
- (Bio)analytical skills, focused on quality, accuracy and detail
- Good writing skills in English
- Knowledge and hands on experience of protein related work, biochemical assays is a requirement. Experience with cell-based assays is preferred.
- A competitive salary package with extensive benefits
- Involvement in discovery and preclinical development of therapeutic antibodies
- A work environment in a human-sized, dynamic biotech company