1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A “cookie” is a file of a limited size, which generally consists of letters and numbers and is sent by an Internet server to the browser’s cookie file, located on your computer hard drive (or another device connected to the Internet, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you view this website.
A cookie generally includes the name of the website that it comes from, its lifecycle (the time period for which it remains on your device) and a value, which is generally a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies may be used: temporary cookies and permanent cookies. Temporary cookies are automatically deleted at the end of your browsing session. Permanent cookies remain on your device for longer, for a duration of time that is specific to each cookie, and remain valid until their expiry date (unless they are deleted by the user beforehand).
Cookies may be used by web servers to identify and monitor users as they browse the various pages of a website and to identify users who return to their website.
Cookies on our Site
Third Party cookies
Cookies enable argenx to track the following information about visitors. The information collected do not contain any personal data:
- anonymous unique online identifier
- IP address (masked) ;
- Location: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude (Geolocation);
- Date and time of the request (visit to the site);
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title);
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL);
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL);
- Screen resolution of user's device ;
- Time in local visitor's time-zone;
- Files that were clicked and downloaded (Download);
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked (Outlink);
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the visitor: Page speed);
- Main language of the browser being used (Accept-Language header);
- Browser version, browser plugins (PDF, Flash, Java, …) operating system version, device identifier (User-Agent header);
- Language of the visited page;
- Site Search;
3. HOW CAN YOU MANAGE THE COOKIES USED BY THE SITE?
Cookies may be managed in different ways. Please refer to your browser’s instructions for further information on how to set or modify your browser’s settings:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&hlrm=nl&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?s=cookies&r=5&as=s
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
If you disable cookies used by our Site, this may affect you when you browse the website (for example, you may not be able to view certain parts of the website or receive personalized information when you view the Site).
Consent to collecting your browsing experience, including personal data, for the production of anonymized statistics
By default, the browsing experience of our website visitors is NOT tracked by argenx . You may, though, choose to consent to our processing of any personal data collected during your browsing experience on our website to allow us to produce anonymized statistics.
If you enable the Do Not Track option (see below for an explanation) in your web browser, we will respect your choice and your browsing experience on our website will not be tracked for our anonymized statistics.