In general: Personal Data we collect
* “Affiliates” means any company controlled by, controlling or under common control of argenx SE, whereby control shall mean the ownership of at least 50% of the shares, holding the majority of voting rights at shareholder or board level or the ability to materially influence the policy of a company.
How do we collect Personal Data?
You are not required to provide us with any Personal Data to use this Site. We only collect such Personal Data as you voluntarily provide us through the contact forms (“Contact us”; “Career”: via the email address therein or the form “Spontaneous Application”; “Investors: Contact Us”).
For which purposes do we use the information we collect?
The Personal Data we gather via this Site can be used for the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions or requests for information;
- To recruit you as a potential employee;
- To enter into a business relationship with you as a potential customer, supplier or investor;
- To ensure this Site functions properly; and
- To comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
What is our legal basis to collect this Personal Data?
We only process your Personal Data when we have a legal basis for doing so. Such legal basis depends on the purpose of the processing:
- legitimate interest: to ensure the Site functions properly and is adequately protected, to receive your requests and questions, to get in contact with you as a potential employee, customer, supplier or investor;
- performance of a contract: if you are a candidate seeking employment or an employee, a potential customer or supplier seeking to enter into business relations with us, your Personal Data may be required to enter into and perform our contract with you;
- consent: in case we would wish to send you direct marketing information on our products, we will seek your consent first;
- compliance with the applicable laws and regulations: for instance, argenx is required to implement pharmacovigilance procedures to monitor adverse effects of marketed products.
Please contact us via a mail to [email protected] in case you have any questions about any of these legal bases.
Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties and/or to Third Countries
1. Third parties
We can disclose your Personal Data to our subsidiaries for the above purposes.
With respect to other third parties, we will not transfer your Personal Data to any third party except based on the above legal basis, except for (a) successors in title to our business or assets, or (b) when required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we can however transfer your Personal Data to or allow access by a third party to your Personal Data where these are service providers that are required for us to achieve the above purposes: IT service providers to manage this Site, human resources service providers to aid us with recruitment and selection, and similar providers. These service providers have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use of any Personal Data we share with them will be solely for the purposes of providing the contracted service to us.
If in the future, we were to divest part or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose Personal Data to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets.
When you use the LinkedIn button, Personal Data relating to your identification may be transferred to this social network. This use is governed by the Conditions of Use of such social network that we invite you to consult.
2. Third countries
Your Personal Data can be transferred to outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection as in the EEA. We have taken appropriate safeguards so that your Personal Data are and remain protected. These include implementing the EU Model Clauses, requiring third parties to have appropriate protection in place, firewalls, passwords, etc.
What are your rights in relation to the Personal Data we collect about you?
Subject to the GDPR and its implementing laws, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request access to your Personal Data.
- You have the right to request that your Personal Data be corrected or deleted.
- You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- You have the right to request that Personal Data that has been transmitted by you to us, be provided to you in a machine-readable format.
- You have the right to launch a complaint with the competent data protection authority if you believe we did not properly handle your Personal Data or did not respect your rights.
Please contact us via a mail to [email protected] in case you wish to exercise any of these above rights.
Our protection of your Personal Data
We are committed to protecting the security and privacy of your information. We will use appropriate technical and organizational measures to restrict access to personal data to those of our employees, agents, contractors, or representatives who require access to such information to perform tasks assigned to them by us. These measures shall take into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
For instance, we store your Personal Data on servers that have various types of technical and physical access controls, which may include, for instance, if appropriate, encryption. We may also aggregate, pseudonymize or anonymize Personal Data to ensure that no personally identifiable information is communicated to third parties.
How long do we keep your Personal Data collected via this Site?
We keep your Personal Data, collected via this Site, for the duration that is needed to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. We may be required however to keep your Personal Data longer if required by applicable law or regulation or as necessary to protect its rights and interests.
Children’s privacy protection
This Site is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 16 years of age or younger. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take reasonable steps to remove such information from our systems and terminate the applicable account.
Limitation of liability
Whilst we take all reasonable measures to ensure confidentiality of your Personal Data, you acknowledge that a transmission of Personal Data via the Internet is never without risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you hence agree that any possible direct or indirect damage that you would suffer following an illegal or wrongful use of your Personal Data by third parties who do not have authorization to do so, can never be allocated to nor recovered from us.
Certain cookies are placed by a third party, for example Google Analytics to measure the use of the website. These cookies are found in other companies’ internet tools which we use to enhance our site, for example LinkedIn and Twitter all have their own cookies, which are controlled by them. If you do not want a website to place cookies on your device, you can change the settings of your browser.
- ASP.NET _SessionId